Sunday, September 29, 2013

September is the Month of Curses

So, September is the month of curses. I can't wait until it's over!

The first reason that it is a month of curses is that I got my face split open by a girl's elbow at a water polo game yesterday. Luckily, there was an ER nurse watching the game, my coach is a doctor, and my mom is a nurse! Handy, right? Well, the ER nurse patched me up at the game and got it to stop bleeding. When my team got back home about 4 hours later (we got 3rd place in the tournament, by the way), my coach took off the gauze and bandaids and more gauze, and this is what it looked like:
 Then, he and my mom decided that I wouldn't need stitches after all. It would just take a little bit of super glue, and I would be set. So, my mom brought me home and did me up with the super glue. Luckily, she has had a little bit of experience using super glue to fix herself up, so she did a pretty awesome job on me, and it now looks like this:
 Although you can't see it, it has a serious bruise around it so that I can't even rub my eye. And, don't worry, my mother also covered it with some clear tape-stuff that she had.

The second thing traumatic experience I had this weekend was this afternoon on our way to Fresno for my cousin's missionary farewell open house. Well, we didn't get very far. About twenty minutes down the road, I stopped at a red light and the guy behind me just kept going right into the back of the car that I was driving!
 Mom, Dad, Levi and I were all in the car, but for the most part we are fine. Mom and Dad both have somewhat tweaked necks, but they'll be okay.

Dad says bad things happen in three's, and that was only two, so, if I post before Tuesday, you'll know why!

Cursed by September, Tess

No comments: