Sunday, February 2, 2014

Siblings are Super Cool, and so are Family Traditions

In the case that you are an only child, I am sincerely sorry. Having siblings is so much fun! Yeah, sometimes they make a lot of noise and try to get on your nerves, but they are just some of the best people to hang out with! My siblings are particularly cool, because when we all get together, we can be super silly- just ask Mom and Dad, they'll tell you. Right now, with just Levi and I at home, there's not as much silliness, but...when Mom and Dad leave us for too long, we still have the occasional fun. :)
Notice that it isn't me with whipped cream on my face- that's Levi.
Basically, Levi, well, let's just say he could be my brother- oh wait, he is! Isn't that quite the coinkidink!

So, every year, we have a family competition. Since we are all swimmers, we compete via the pool. Also, our family isn't really a sprinter-type family, so we like to do a distance race. 500 yards? Nah, that's not long enough and that would be a guaranteed win for me (Tess). 1000 yards? Well, that is not really a commonly done race, so we'll veto that as well. How about a mile? Yes! A swimmer's mile (at least where we live) is 1650 yards or meters. The two missionaries couldn't compete this year, and Mom opted out due to some back/neck problems from last September, but the rest of us have done or will do it. Dad swam it on the 25th and went a 24:29- which was a solid improvement for him. I swam it on the 31st and went a 21:58, which is...well, let's just leave it at that. Levi swam it on the 1st and went a 22:40, which is super good for him, and last but not least, Marta is going to swim it sometime this week and will then let me know so that I can let you know.

Tess

No comments: